For most people, the average turnaround time to open a bank account is 3-4 weeks.
We process bank orders in the order in which they were received. Depending on the capacity of our bank branches, you may experience some delays (a few days to a week) before your order is sent to the bank. If this happens, we will keep you posted on the status of your bank account.
The bank and tax office are both closed on public holidays. Here's the list of Portugal's public holidays this year (2021):
- 1 January: New Year’s Day (Ano Novo)
- 2 April: Good Friday (Sexta-feira Santa)
- 4 April: Easter Sunday
- 25 April: Freedom Day (Dia da Liberdade)
- 1 May: Labor Day (Dia do Trabalhador)
- 3 June: Corpus Christi (Corpo de Deus)
- 10 June: Portugal National Day (Dia de Portugal)
- 15 August: Assumption of Mary (Assunção de Nossa Senhora)
- 5 October: Republic Day (Implantação da República)
- 1 November: All Saints’ Day (Todos os Santos)
- 1 December: Restoration of Independence Day (Restauração da Independência)
- 8 December: Immaculate Conception (Imaculada Conceição)
- 25 December: Christmas Day (Natal)